1. All empty incoming cartridges are inspected and separated by categories;
A. LASERQuipT compatible empty cartridges
B. OEM empty cartridges
C. Other remanufactured / compatible cartridges
2. Empty cartridges are completely disassembled. All internal/external components are
cleaned using compressed air, high pressure vacuum system, and various cleaning
liquids. Upon inspection, internal components are either recycled, or sent out to
various companies for refurbishing.
3. Cartridge developer units are refilled with graphics quality toner, magnetic
developer rollers and dr.blades (toner metering blade) are reinstalled at this time.
4. Cartridge waste collectors have wiper (cleaning) blades and OPC units (organic
photo conductive units) reinstalled at this time.
5. Cartridge developer units and waste collector units are reassembled together and the
cartridge is put in cart to await quality inspections.
6. All cartridges are post tested for print quality before they are packaged, and a quality
sheet is enclosed with each cartridge.
7. Life cycle testing is periodically done on cartridges inhouse to ensure the best print
quality and page yield.
8. Page counts are determined using a 5% page yield utilizing Anacom “smart” boxes.
These are used in accordance with ASTM F 1856 guidelines for a test target
generator capable of generating 5% page coverage.